This performance has been cancelled because of inclement weather. Our apologies for any disappointment.
The Plough Arts Centre is delighted to be once again working with Holsworthy Town Council to bring live open-air theatre to Holsworthy
When Jim Hawkins discovers a treasure map amongst the possessions of the late 'Captain' Billy Bones, it hurtles him in to a cat and mouse game with dangerous pirates, taking him across the World to 'Treasure Island'.
Will Jim find the treasure?
Will he make it back to England?
And should he trust the mysterious ship's cook, Long John Silver?
With inventive staging, original songs and magical storytelling we invite audiences to enjoy this classic tale of adventure, treasure and, of course, rum, in Boxtree Production's unique and energetic way!
(+ drama workshop 6-11yrs 3pm – 4.30pm £5 Book online or via 01805 624624)
Below are answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the whole Open-Air Theatre Season:
- Ticket holders enjoy free access to the gardens two hours before 7pm performances and one hour before earlier performances.
- All performances last approx 2 hours with a 20 mins interval
- High quality refreshments and drinks are available at most venues.
- All venues invite you to bring low back seating, blankets, and picnics if desired.
- An area for people on blankets is reserved at the front.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome at most venues.
- The following may be useful: A torch, insect repellent, an umbrella (or sunshade!)
- Performances continue regardless of the weather. Be prepared!
- Some venues have indoor alternatives in case of very bad weather (The Vicarage Garden Torrington , Blackberry Farm Milton Damerel and Manor Green Lynmouth)
- Most venues have level access, adjacent parking and toilet facilities suitable for disabled people.
- For specific access information please call the box office on 01805 624624 or the individual venue via their website.
- RHS Garden Rosemoor: Assistance dogs only. Rosemoor’s Garden Kitchen restaurant is open for afternoon teas and dinner – booking advisable: Table reservations – 01805 626821 (Cash bar from 6:30pm for music events in the Garden Room.)