Ross Couper & Tom Oakes (Gallery Gig)
Hailing from polar ends of the UK, Ross Couper (Shetland) and Tom Oakes (Devon) have been dazzling audiences with their fiery, driving rhythms and shared passion for the infectious melodies and grooves of Celtic Music, for the best part of a decade. Their highly dynamic mixture of power and fragility delivered with warmth and humour leaves audiences exhilarated and entertained.
Ross’s explosive fiddle playing lies at the heart of some of the biggest acts on the Scottish folk scene, previously part of Scots Traditional Music Award winning (Band Of The Year) Bodega, Ross currently plays with the mighty Peatbog Faeries.
Tom Oakes is a multi award winning guitarist and flautist who as well as being a founder member of the genre defying Auvo Quartet is also known for his work as a solo flautist, recently a member of the highly acclaimed Songs For The Voiceless project with Bella Hardy, Josienne Clarke and Ian Stephenson amongst others.
- ★★★★ “Gleaming with musicianship. Exquisite.” The Guardian
- “Funky guitar and flash fiddling, exhausting and energising in parallel” - The Living Tradition
- “Brooding and melancholic, fast and furious, delicate and reflective and much more besides” - Bright Young Folk
- ★★★★★ “Captivating” Three Weeks (Edinburgh Fringe)
- “Studied Intensity” The Scotsman